The Bedminster Winter Lantern Parade
Celebrating the creativity, inclusivity and the wonderful spirit of BS3
What’s next for the Lantern Project?
Do you know?
• it costs around £28,000 to run 3 months of artist-led lantern-making workshops and a Parade
• the organising team are all volunteers, only the artists are paid
• at least 2000 people and 4 bands take part in the Parade
• every year 100 local people volunteer as marshals and road stewards
• the City Council charges us for road closures
• we deliver the largest creative community project in South Bristol
• taking part delivers team-working and self development skills as well as creative learning
After 12 years of lighting the winter streets of BS3 , the volunteer project team took a year out in 2023 to review and rethink. We’ve taken the big step of becoming a Community Interest Company (CIC) so we can apply for a wider range of grants and sponsorship. But we need your help: every £1 counts. Tea parties, race sponsorship, donations to our (soon to be) crowdfunder: it will all add up. And we’d love to welcome you to the team if you can help by overseeing fundraising, managing schools liaison, updating our social media or with general marketing …