Bedminster Winter Lanterns (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our Privacy Notice tells you what we do with your personal data, why we use it, who we share it with and how long we keep it. As it’s your data you have the right to know what happens with it. The types of data that we hold about you and how long we keep it, will depend on your relationship with us and the reasons why we have it.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act 2018, the data controller is Stef Brammar at email@example.com.
How do we get information?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have made an information request to us
- You booked an appointment or booked to attend / have attended an event
- You subscribe to our digital newsletter
- You visited our website and used an online contact form
- You engaged with us on social media
- You are representing your organisation to make an enquiry
- You have completed a survey or competition that we are delivering or supporting
- You have contacted us by email or post
We also receive information indirectly:
- Details of your visits to our website – including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, device model and version, operating system, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise.
- From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources – for example, partners with whom we offer co-branded services or events, or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media or website.
IP addresses / Log files
When you use our services or view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Bedminster Winter Lanterns to provide general statistics regarding use of the Bedminster Winter Lanterns Website (www.lanternparade.org). This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and is not ever used to identify any individual.
We use the information that you have given us in order to fulfil the action intended. We will not use this information for any other purpose.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time
(b) We have a contractual obligation
(c) We have a legal obligation
(d) We have a vital interest
(e) We need it to perform a public task
(f) We have a legitimate interest
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
Sharing your information
We never sell Personal Information to any third party.
We use data processors who are third parties who provide elements of services for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. For example, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We may promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
We may provide other companies with statistical information about our users — but this information will never be used to identify any individual user;
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Bedminster Winter Lanterns on the website and through service provision. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your personal information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
As we are processing your personal data for our legitimate interests as stated above, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. There are legitimate reasons why we may refuse your objection, which depend on why we are processing it.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information. You can exercise your right to prevent marketing use of your personal information by checking tick boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retention of Personal Information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain personal information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example, as long as it is required in order to contact you about a service you have signed up to, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Unsubscribe from Our Communications below.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in To How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the UK are available here.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action taken.
To Unsubscribe from our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com or by post to: Bedminster Winter Lanterns, ℅ Mezzaluna, 81 West Street, Bedminster, Bristol BS3 3NU.